Los Angeles is famous for its eclectic mix of palate-pleasing dining options. Chic cafes; international flavors; vegan eateries; and local, coastal cuisine are all readily available. When CHEST 2016 travels to Los Angeles in October, we know you’ll satisfy your taste buds and your educational needs.
With so many options to choose from, here are some recommendations from our favorite Los Angeles locals—CHEST members—to help you plan out your menu:
- LA Prime, 35th floor of the Westin Bonaventura Hotel (6-minute drive): Famous for prime beef steaks, seafood, and panoramic city views. Located at 404 S. Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90071
- Water Grill (6-minute drive): This seafood restaurant is sustainably minded and provides a wide array of delicately prepared seafood in a relaxed, elegant space. Located at 544 S. Grand Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90071
- Pacific Dining Car (7-minute drive): Dine on steak in a railway dining car atmosphere at this iconic restaurant open 24 hours a day every day of the year. Located at 1310 W. 6th St, Los Angeles, CA 90017
- Sticky Rice (7-minute drive): Inside Grand Central Market, enjoy Thai “comfort food” with an emphasis on organic, free-range and locally sourced seasonal ingredients. Located at 317 S. Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90013
- Mexicali Taco & Co (9-minute drive): Enjoy mouthwatering Baja style Mexican food, reasonable prices, and a casual dining experience. Located at 702 N. Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90012
- Crossroads Kitchen (22-minute drive): Courtesy of Oprah’s former chef Tal Ronnen, this upscale eatery provides an elegant backdrop for refined vegan dishes paired with wines and cocktails. Located at 8284 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90046
- The Sky Room in Long Beach (33-minute drive): This hotel bar/eatery offers New American fare and city views, plus music and dancing on weekends. Located at 40 S. Locust Ave, Long Beach, CA 90802
Looking for a quick bite? Here are some options within walking distance to the convention center:
- Yardhouse (5-minute walk): Find the craft beer you’re looking for while benefitting from a large, diverse menu. Located at 800 W. Olympic Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90015
- Tom’s Urban (1-minute walk): Enjoy a sprawling gastropub featuring an all-day American menu, large draft beers, and sports on big screens. Located at 1011 S. Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90015.
- TASTE Food Hall FIGat7th (4-minute walk): Walk over to Figueroa and 7th, and you’ll find a large food court complete with unique flavor profiles that are shaping the contemporary Los Angeles culinary landscape. Located at 735 S. Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90017
Los Angeles is sure to satisfy your inner foodie with its wide variety of culinary options. From October 22 to 26, CHEST 2016 will also offer you a variety of educational options including postgraduate courses, simulation and interactive learning, interdisciplinary programs, problem-based learning sessions, keynotes and honor lectures, industry supported sessions, and more. CHEST 2016 is dedicated to delivering the latest information in pulmonary, critical care, and sleep medicine to you, ensuring you make the best decisions with your patients.