Compete In CHEST Challenge 2021
Get ready for CHEST Challenge 2021!
Each year, CHEST Challenge gives pulmonary and critical care medicine fellows-in-training an opportunity to compete for fun and prizes!
Fellow members compete in preliminary rounds with a fun social media challenge that allows teams with the correct answers to compete for fun prizes. Then the challenge is taken to the next level with an online quiz. Players from the top three teams will go head-to-head in a Jeopardy-style game during the CHEST Challenge Championship at CHEST Annual Meeting.
CHEST Challenge online quiz extended to Friday, May 7.
SOCIAL MEDIA CHALLENGES
- The social media challenges will begin in mid March and run through May.
- Players should follow @accpchest on Twitter and watch for the #CHESTChallenge2021 hashtag for challenges and updates.
- When challenges are sent out, fellows will be given 1 week to respond.
- Responses should include the requested information, as well as tagging your institution (either @ or # is fine) and CHEST (@accpchest). Tweet must include #CHESTChallenge2021 hashtag.
- Fellows with correct answers to the challenges will be eligible for several prizes to be given away during the social media challenge. Watch the #CHESTChallenge2021 hashtag for details!
- The social media challenges are separate from the knowledge quiz and championship below. Enjoy this fun and low-key competition! For something a little more perspiration-inducing, read on…
- The online quiz competition will run from April 1-May 7, 2021.
- Players will neither be allowed to take the online exam more than once per year, nor will they be permitted to go back to review or revise responses while taking the online test.
- An unanswered or skipped question will be counted as an incorrect answer.
- Players will have a maximum of 60 minutes to answer 50 questions.
- Each trainee must take the test individually without any assistance. (Books, internet, additional persons, or any other forms of help are prohibited during the taking of the test.)
- Scores will be determined based on the number of correct questions and the amount of time used; the team score will consist of the top two scores from each program. Additional scores beyond the top two scores will not count toward or against the team score.
- All scores are confidential. No one else—not even your program director—will get the results.
- The top 25 teams will receive prizes from CHEST! See the Prizes section following for details.
Note: CHEST does not authorize any copying, reproduction, disclosing, or otherwise sharing of any CHEST Challenge questions or related content.
Three players from the top 3 scoring teams will receive:
FREE registration for CHEST Annual Meeting 2021 in Orlando, FL
FREE registration to a CHEST Board Review course or On Demand product
Plus a cash prize for each training program
FIRST PLACE $5000
SECOND PLACE $3000
THIRD PLACE $1000
The teams ranking between 4th and 9th from the first round of play will be recognized as CHEST Challenge Top Performers at the CHEST Challenge Championship during CHEST 2021. Three players from these teams will also win:
- FREE registration for the online CHEST Annual Meeting 2021
- FREE registration to a CHEST Board Review 2021 virtual course OR access to a Board Review On Demand product
The teams ranking between 10th and 25th from the first round of play will win:
- One FREE copy of the most recent CHEST SEEK™ book of the program director’s choice (pulmonary or critical care)
CHEST Challenge Prizes are sponsored and awarded solely by the American College of Chest Physicians.
- Decisions of the CHEST Challenge judges are FINAL in all disputes.
- Players must be physicians-in-training at the time of their involvement; senior fellows who participate in the first round but graduate prior to CHEST 2020 may not represent their program at the live competition (although their scores will be eligible to determine whether the program qualifies for prizes).
- It is at the discretion of the training program director for each team how the prizes are distributed to trainees within the program.
- Each training program director is responsible for encouraging rules compliance; any infraction to the rules by a player from a program may lead to disqualification of the entire program from this year’s competition.
- The three top-scoring fellowship programs that competed in the live CHEST Challenge championship in the prior year are not eligible to become finalists for this year’s competition, although they are eligible for all other prizes.