CHEST Challenge 2020
Congratulations to the 3 teams who placed in the CHEST Challenge 2020 Championship!
1st place: Case Western Reserve University (MetroHealth)
2nd place: SUNY Downstate
3rd place: NYP Brooklyn Methodist Hospital
The CHEST Challenge 2020 Championship was sponsored by
Get ready for CHEST Challenge 2021!
Each year, CHEST Challenge gives pulmonary and critical care medicine fellows-in-training an opportunity to compete for fun and prizes!
Fellow members compete in preliminary rounds with a fun social media challenge that allows teams with the correct answers to compete for fun prizes. Then the challenge is taken to the next level with an online quiz. Players from the top three teams will go head-to-head in a Jeopardy-style game during the CHEST Challenge Championship at CHEST Annual Meeting.
Get ready to compete in the CHEST Challenge 2021! Information and details coming soon.
Three players from the top 3 scoring teams will receive:
FREE registration for CHEST Annual Meeting 2021 in Vancouver
FREE registration to a CHEST Board Review course or On Demand product
Plus a cash prize for each training program
The teams ranking between 4th and 9th from the first round of play will be recognized as CHEST Challenge Top Performers at the CHEST Challenge Championship. Three players from these teams will also win:
- FREE registration for the online CHEST Annual Meeting 2021
- FREE registration to a CHEST Board Review 2021 course OR access to a Board Review On Demand product
The teams ranking between 10th and 25th from the first round of play will win:
- One FREE copy of the most recent CHEST SEEK™ book of the program director’s choice (pulmonary or critical care)
CHEST Challenge Prizes are sponsored and awarded solely by the American College of Chest Physicians.
- Decisions of the CHEST Challenge judges are FINAL in all disputes.
- Players must be physicians-in-training at the time of their involvement; senior fellows who participate in the first round but graduate prior to CHEST 2020 may not represent their program at the live competition (although their scores will be eligible to determine whether the program qualifies for prizes).
- It is at the discretion of the training program director for each team how the prizes are distributed to trainees within the program.
- Each training program director is responsible for encouraging rules compliance; any infraction to the rules by a player from a program may lead to disqualification of the entire program from this year’s competition.
- The three top-scoring fellowship programs that competed in the live CHEST Challenge championship in the prior year are not eligible to become finalists for this year’s competition, although they are eligible for all other prizes.