CHEST CHALLENGE 2020
Pulmonary and critical care medicine fellows-in-training can compete for fun and prizes! Join your co-fellows to represent your program, test your knowledge, and experience learning that is fun.
CHEST SOCIAL MEDIA CHALLENGE
- The social media competition will begin in mid-February and run through the summer.
- Players should follow @accpchest on Twitter and watch for the #CHESTChallenge2020 hashtag for challenges and updates.
- When challenges are sent out, fellows will be given between 1 day and 1 week to respond (this will be stipulated in the challenge tweet).
- Responses should include the requested information, as well as tagging your institution (either @ or # is fine) and CHEST (@accpchest). Tweet must include #CHESTChallenge2020 hashtag.
- Fellows with correct answers to the challenges will be eligible for several prizes to be given away during the social media challenge. Watch the #CHESTChallenge2020 hashtag for details!
- The social media challenges are separate from the knowledge quiz and championship below. Enjoy this fun and low-key competition! For something a little more perspiration-inducing, read on . . .
CHEST Challenge Championship
ROUND ONE: Online Play
- The online competition will open on June 1 and run through June 30.
- Players will not be allowed to take the online exam more than once per year, nor will they be permitted to go back to review or revise responses while taking the online test.
- An unanswered or skipped question will be counted as an incorrect answer.
- Players will have a maximum of 60 minutes to answer 50 questions.
- Each trainee must take the test individually without any assistance. (Books, internet, additional persons, or any other forms of help are prohibited during the taking of the test.)
- Scores will be determined based on the number of correct questions and the amount of time used; the team score will consist of the top two scores from each program. Additional scores beyond the top two scores will not count toward or against the team score.
- All scores are confidential. No one else—not even your program director—will get the results.
- The top 25 teams will receive prizes from CHEST! See the Prizes section below for details.
Note: CHEST does not authorize any copying, reproduction, disclosing, or otherwise sharing of any CHEST Challenge questions or related content.
ROUND TWO: Live CHEST Challenge Championship Finals
The three top-scoring programs from the first round will compete in the live CHEST Challenge Championship at the CHEST Annual Meeting 2020. Three players from these teams will receive:
- FREE registration for CHEST 2020 in Chicago, Illinois
- Airfare and complimentary hotel for 3 nights for CHEST 2020
- FREE registration to a CHEST Board Review Course/On Demand
- Cash prizes for training program
Live CHEST Challenge Championship event is sponsored by Mylan.
CHEST Challenge Prizes are sponsored and awarded solely by the American College of Chest Physicians.
The teams ranking between 4th and 10th from the first round of play will be recognized as CHEST Challenge Top Performers at the CHEST Challenge Championship during CHEST 2020. Three players from these teams will also win:
- FREE registration to a CHEST Board Review 2020 course OR access to a Board Review On Demand product
- FREE registration for CHEST 2020
- Certificate documenting program achievement
The teams ranking between 11th and 25th from the first round of play will win:
- One FREE copy of the most recent CHEST SEEK™ book of the program director’s choice (pulmonary, critical care, or sleep)
- Decisions of the CHEST Challenge judges are FINAL in all disputes.
- Players must be physicians-in-training at the time of their involvement; senior fellows who participate in the first round but graduate prior to CHEST 2020 may not represent their program at the live competition (although their scores will be eligible to determine whether the program qualifies for prizes).
- It is at the discretion of the training program director for each team how the prizes are distributed to trainees within the program.
- Each training program director is responsible for encouraging rules compliance; any infraction to the rules by a player from a program may lead to disqualification of the entire program from this year’s competition.
- The three top-scoring fellowship programs that competed in the live CHEST Challenge championship in the prior year are not eligible to become finalists for this year’s competition, although they are eligible for all other prizes.