CHEST Challenge 2021
Congratulations to the three teams who placed in the CHEST Challenge 2021 Championship!
1st place: The Ohio State University
2nd place: SUNY Buffalo
3rd place: Interfaith Medical Center
Meet the competitors
Interfaith Medical Center
Tahmina Jahir, MD
Ruby Risal, MD
Binav Shrestha, MD
Rajesh Kunadharaju, MD
Ahmed Munir, MD
Arjun Saradna, MD
The Ohio State University
Sarah Cohen, MD
Gregory Eisinger, MD
Kyle Stinehart, MD
20 DAYS OF PRIZES FOR 20 YEARS
In honor of the CHEST Challenge’s 20th anniversary, we’re giving away prizes to fellows-in-training each day during the 20 days leading up to the championship event. Starting on Thursday, September 30, fellows can complete social media tasks for the chance to secure a prize. Follow us @accpchest on Twitter, and turn on notifications for your best shot at winning. Make sure to use #CHESTChallenge2021 so we can see you. We’re giving away everything from free CHEST 2021 registration to coveted CHEST gear to a vacation for two!
What could you win?
- Weekend getaway for two to Washington, DC (includes hotel and airfare) with airport-to-hotel transportation by none other than our CHEST Challenge Master of Ceremonies, Bill Kelly, MD, FCCP
- Tickets on Delta to anywhere in the continental US or Canada (good for use within 1 year)
- Free registrations to CHEST 2021
- 1-year subscription to the CHEST SEEKTM Library Sleep Medicine Collection
- 1-year subscription to the CHEST SEEK Library Critical Care Medicine Collection
- 1-year subscription to the CHEST SEEK Library Pulmonary Medicine Collection
- CHEST logo stickers
- CHEST face masks
- CHEST socks
- CHEST Foundation bags
- CHEST notebooks
- CHEST pens
- $20 gift certificates to the CHEST Apparel Store
- Participation Points (only CHEST members are eligible)
CHEST Challenge Prizes are sponsored and awarded solely by the American College of Chest Physicians.
An innovative and remarkable history
What once was a state-of-art gamification concept has turned into an exceptional educational experience. Over the last 2 decades, CHEST Challenge has evolved into undoubtedly one of the most popular events at the meeting, where the attendees can get just as much out of it as the competitors.
The brainchild of William F. Kelly, MD, FCCP, when he was a pulmonary medicine fellow, CHEST Challenge has enhanced the professional development of our trainees and brought new voices into the CHEST community.
The impact of CHEST Challenge over the years
to attend the CHEST Annual Meeting
CHEST event travel awards
Support to finalists
“This year marks the 20th anniversary of CHEST Challenge, and we have planned quite a few fun things this year to recognize and celebrate this big milestone, including the 20 days of giveaways on social media, leading up to this year’s event and amazing surprises during the live event that will bring back the joy of 20 years of CHEST Challenge.”
Mauricio Danckers, MD, FCCP
Chair, CHEST Training and Transitions Committee