CHEST Challenge 2020
Get Ready for the CHEST Challenge Championship Finals
Tuesday, October 20
6:00 pm – 7:00 pm CT
It’s game on! Cheer for your favorite team during the CHEST Challenge Championship. Each year, CHEST Challenge gives pulmonary and critical care medicine fellows-in-training an opportunity to compete for fun and prizes!
Fellow members competed in preliminary rounds in April with a fun social media challenge that allows teams with the correct answers to compete for fun prizes. Then the challenge was taken to the next level with an online quiz. Now players from the top three teams will go head-to-head in a virtual Jeopardy-style game. Watch the teams compete online while challenging your own knowledge. Who will take the title this year? Place your vote below and attend to find out!
The CHEST Challenge 2020 Championship is sponsored by
Congratulations to the top 3 teams who will compete during the CHEST 2020 virtual event!
- Case Western Reserve University (MetroHealth)
- NYP Brooklyn Methodist Hospital
- SUNY Downstate
Three players from these teams will receive:
FREE registration for the online CHEST Annual Meeting 2020 and CHEST Annual Meeting 2021 in Vancouver
FREE registration to a CHEST Board Review virtual course or On Demand product
Plus a cash prize for each training program
Teams Qualifying for 4th Through 9th Place Prizes
Interfaith Medical Center
Newark Beth Israel Medical Center
San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Consortium
Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
The teams ranking between 4th and 9th from the first round of play will be recognized as CHEST Challenge Top Performers at the CHEST Challenge Championship during CHEST 2020. Three players from these teams will also win:
- FREE registration for the online CHEST Annual Meeting 2020
- FREE registration to a CHEST Board Review 2020 virtual course OR access to a Board Review On Demand product
Teams Qualifying for 10th Through 25th Place Prizes
Albany Medical Center
Baylor College of Medicine
Brigham and Women’s Hospital
Henry Ford Hospital
Houston Methodist Hospital
Montefiore Medical Center
Saint Joseph University Medical Center
The Ohio State University
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
University of Louisville
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
UT Health San Antonio
West Virginia University
Westchester Medical Center
The teams ranking between 10th and 25th from the first round of play will win:
- One FREE copy of the most recent CHEST SEEK™ book of the program director’s choice (pulmonary or critical care)
Entry for CHEST Challenge 2020 is Now Closed
Join your co-fellows to represent your program, test your knowledge, and experience learning that is fun.
WATCH FOR OPPORTUNITIES TO PARTICIPATE IN CHEST CHALLENGE 2021
CHEST Challenge Prizes are sponsored and awarded solely by the American College of Chest Physicians.
- Decisions of the CHEST Challenge judges are FINAL in all disputes.
- Players must be physicians-in-training at the time of their involvement; senior fellows who participate in the first round but graduate prior to CHEST 2020 may not represent their program at the live competition (although their scores will be eligible to determine whether the program qualifies for prizes).
- It is at the discretion of the training program director for each team how the prizes are distributed to trainees within the program.
- Each training program director is responsible for encouraging rules compliance; any infraction to the rules by a player from a program may lead to disqualification of the entire program from this year’s competition.
- The three top-scoring fellowship programs that competed in the live CHEST Challenge championship in the prior year are not eligible to become finalists for this year’s competition, although they are eligible for all other prizes.