FISH Bowl 2019
This year, CHEST is introducing a new event that will take place at CHEST Annual Meeting in New Orleans, Louisiana. Inspired by Shark Tank™, our kinder, gentler, yet still competitive and cutting-edge FISH Bowl (Furthering Innovation and Science for Heath) will feature CHEST members disrupting our beliefs about how clinical care and education are performed. Health-care providers can present innovative ideas pertaining to education and clinical disease for pulmonary, critical care, and sleep medicine.
Submissions for FISH Bowl will be accepted from June 15 – July 31, 2019.
Please note that you will need to agree to the official rules to be considered for the competition.
FISH Bowl innovation competition:
- Submit your idea between June 15 and July 31.
- Finalists will be announced early in September.
- Submissions can be either a 300-word essay or 2-minute video pitch.
Clinical Disease: What is the “next big thing” in the diagnosis and/or treatment of pulmonary, critical illness, or sleep disorders? This will be judged on potential impact to improve quantity of quality of life, be of high value (benefit relative to cost), novelty, and delivery of presentation.
Education: The panel of judges is looking for an innovative and important educational initiative at the GME or CME level. This will be judged on rationale, feasibility, appropriateness of the outcome measures, evaluation and assessment plan, proposed method of dissemination, and presenter delivery. Judges may also make suggestions that challenge the presenters to assess and improve their designs.
It is advised to not use up time or word space to introduce yourself.
- Identify the problem.
- Present your solution. Be sure to mention why your submission is the best solution.
- Three to five finalists will be selected for each category.
- Finalists will present in Experience CHEST.
- Finalists’ presentations to the FISH Bowl panel of judges can be 3 to 5 minutes.
- Finalists receive complimentary registration to CHEST 2019 but are responsible for their own travel, expenses, and hotel. See official rules for more information.
- $1000 cash prize for each category winner
- $500 people’s choice award for each category winner
- Winners will be announced at the CHEST Challenge Championship on Tuesday evening.
For any questions regarding FISH Bowl, contact Lauren Hughes at email@example.com.