FISH Bowl 2019
This year, CHEST is introducing a new event that will take place at CHEST Annual Meeting in New Orleans, Louisiana. Inspired by Shark Tank™, our kinder, gentler, yet still competitive and cutting-edge FISH Bowl (Furthering Innovation and Science for Health) will feature CHEST members disrupting our beliefs about how clinical care and education are performed. Health-care providers can present innovative ideas pertaining to education and clinical disease for pulmonary, critical care, and sleep medicine.
The submissions cycle for FISH Bowl is now closed and preliminary judging is underway.
Finalists will be announced in early September.
If you did not receive a chance to submit an idea for the competition, you can still participate! Attend the competition in New Orleans and vote for your favorite FISH Bowl idea for the People’s Choice award.
Clinical Disease Category: Monday, October 21, 2:30 – 3:15 pm CT, Experience CHEST
Education Category: Tuesday, October 22, 10:00 – 10:45 am CT, Experience CHEST
Please note that you will need to agree to the official rules to be considered for the competition.
FISH Bowl innovation competition:
- Submit your idea between June 15 and August 10.
- Finalists will be announced early in September.
- Submissions will be accepted in the form of a 2-minute video pitch. This can be a regular video, or a voiceover of a PowerPoint or static image.
Clinical Disease: What is the “next big thing” in the diagnosis and/or treatment of pulmonary, critical illness, or sleep disorders? This will be judged on potential impact to improve quantity of quality of life, be of high value (benefit relative to cost), novelty, and delivery of presentation.
Education: The panel of judges is looking for an innovative and important educational initiative at the GME or CME level. This will be judged on rationale, feasibility, appropriateness of the outcome measures, evaluation and assessment plan, proposed method of dissemination, and presenter delivery. Judges may also make suggestions that challenge the presenters to assess and improve their designs.
- Identify the problem.
- Present your solution. Be sure to mention why your submission is the best solution.
- Three to five finalists will be selected for each category.
- Finalists will present in the Experience CHEST booth in the exhibit hall.
- Finalists’ presentations to the FISH Bowl panel of judges can be 3 to 5 minutes.
- Finalists receive complimentary registration to CHEST 2019 but are responsible for their own travel, expenses, and hotel. See official rules for more information.
- $1000 cash prize for each category winner
- $500 people’s choice award
For any questions regarding FISH Bowl, contact Lauren Hughes at email@example.com.