For the Press
Complimentary registration for CHEST Annual Meeting 2021 is reserved for working members of the media, including print, broadcast and online media. Individuals eligible for a press pass must submit the following credentials:
- Print or broadcast editor, reporter or producer: copy of a press pass, identification card or business card issued by a recognized news organization or publication.
- Freelance journalist: credentials include original dated letter from an editor AND links to at least two previously published articles.
- Blogger or website editor: must supply a URL that can be verified in advance.
No more than two individuals representing any news organization will be permitted to register as press for CHEST 2021 unless granted special permission.
Press registrants are not eligible to attend sessions and claim CME or CEU. To claim CME or CEU, you must register as an attendee.
All media outlets, whether print or online, must meet the following criteria to be eligible for press representation.
Medical publishing company publications must have:
- More than one supporting sponsor (no single-sponsor publications).
- Complete editorial freedom from all sponsors.
Online media outlets and blogs must represent a news-making organization that:
- Provides original, editorial news coverage.
- Keeps editorial content independent of advertising and sponsorship.
- Clearly identifies advertising on the site.
- Clearly identifies sponsors of the site.
- Has more than one advertising/supporting sponsor (no single-sponsored sites).
CHEST reserves the right to bar from this and future meetings any journalist or media outlet who/that:
- Deliberately promotes the viewpoint of one company or institution.
- Attempts to solicit manuscripts, advertising, or subscriptions from registrants or exhibitors.
- Misrepresents themselves, their publication or their purpose for attending.
Request a press pass by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All scientific information presented at CHEST 2021, including abstracts, posters, case reports, and special presentations, is embargoed until 12:01 a.m. CT, Monday, Oct. 11, 2021 unless otherwise noted. A link to embargoed copies of press releases and a complete press kit will be emailed to all approved media representatives.
In some cases, a scientist presenting data that are soon to be published may be unable to provide additional information because of constraints imposed by the publisher. In these instances, CHEST will help identify and arrange interviews with independent experts on the subject whenever possible.
Contact CHEST Media Relations at email@example.com to discuss interview opportunities.
Reproduction of images, graphs and other visual representations
Content presented during the meeting is strictly copyrighted and use of imagery or visual representations of data, audio and video recording is strictly prohibited without the written consent of CHEST. Failure to get permission and provide evidence of this, and failure to provide accurate accreditation will result in a breach of copyright.
Recording, filming and screenshots
CHEST retains exclusive rights to all media capture. Videotaping, recording or screen capture of any educational session, data, demonstration, roundtable or any aspect of the virtual CHEST 2021 educational program is limited to news reporting purposes only. This would include, but is not limited, recorded segments of a presentation for the purpose of b-roll footage.
CHEST permits and encourages the use of social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and blogging as a way to summarize, highlight, excerpt, review, critique and/or promote the presented materials, the content expert or the conference in general, provided that:
- The material is not shared in full, and
- The author or speaker is referenced and cited appropriately in each case.
Please keep in mind that our presenters have invested many hours in the development of this material and copyright laws apply.
We encourage media participants to follow, mention and share with CHEST on:
Tag mentions to CHEST at @accpchest and use the hashtag #CHEST2021 for posts related to CHEST 2021.
Following a Twitter account or including an account in a Twitter list does not constitute a CHEST endorsement; the same applies to re-tweeting messages or marking them as “favorites.”
CHEST brand standards
Please refer to us as American College of Chest Physicians® (CHEST) on first reference and CHEST thereafter. If you are referencing the meeting, the official title is CHEST Annual Meeting 2021. If you are referencing the journal, please use “the journal CHEST®” or “the CHEST® journal.”
Use of the CHEST logo in all its variations and use the CHEST Annual Meeting 2021 logo is prohibited without expressed written permission from CHEST. Credentialed press who fail to comply with these guidelines will forfeit their press credentials.
CHEST does not share lists of registered media for CHEST 2021 or any previous CHEST events.